Sunday, December 18, 2005

Invitation to the Pavilion of Earthly Delights

The prince goes to meet his bride

The beauteous Parveneh

The Pavilion of Earthly Delights


I have received a communication from Lavengro:


Dearest Travellers,

While you are adventuring on the Silk Road, we have not forgotten you, nor our sworn promise to celebrate your birthdays and anniversaries.
I have been in touch with my dear friend Prince Adiguzel, whose mother was a Gypsy dancer, like mine. The Prince will be celebrating his wedding to the beauteous Lady Parvaneh this month. This is a true love match and the Prince and Paveneh are very happy to share the occasion with Karen, who celebrates her birthday on the 23rd. Adiguzel has thrown open his palace and grounds to you, so please use your magic carpets to be at the Pavilion of Earthly Delights on December 23, where there will be dancing and feasting and much joy for our dear friends.
My cousins the Gypsies will also be there to entertain the guests with feats of daring such as fire eating and tightrope walking.
Le Enchanteur has kindly lent me a magic carpet so I may have the first dance with our own guest of honour – so I will see you there.
I hear the ladies have been to a ball with the Sheik of Araby. Beware of this man. No doubt he is charming, but his camels have more honour. I will not have him trifle with ladies of such quality.

Yours respectfully,

Lavengro
Gypsy Chief
Lemuria

3 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Perfect! I get to wear more stunning clothes from Pandora's Box. I will be there girls - coming on my magic carpet.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Lovely.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if you've heard that song about the Shiek of Araby ("without no pants on!") I would trust him about as far as I could throw his camel!
Kezza

 

Post a Comment

<< Home