Sunday, December 11, 2005

Archeological Treasures - Art for Trade

After a long time spent in the bath-house, floating in the heavily salted water, I was at first startled to be met by a gentle, dark veiled woman in the dusty street. Vaguely on my way back to the marketplace, she pulled me aside into a small alcove where a ruby-cloaked man was telling fortunes in a makeshift tent. She bade me come with her, crooking a painted finger, and we went behind him, down a small gap with stone steps, leading underground. It was cool and quiet, and aromatic with pungent herbs. I was self-assured and felt as if I knew her. At once through the darkness there appeared a glowing array of colours. "Take them to the marketplace" she said simply, pushing her veil higher to almost cover her dark kohl eyes. Then she disappeared into the dark vault. Here is what she showed me....these are art cards for trade, and the colours are divine...





copyright Monika Roleff 2005.

3 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Oh Lois, I am sure you are right. Now you have me totally intrigued.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I love the mystery of all of this and the colour is just fabulous. Don't you love working with all these vibrant colours?

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Okay Leonie, email it is!

Heather, I do love it. I never know what will come up next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home