Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Frankincense Road - The Sense of Treasure


This road intoxicates with its history. A grail image one of the elders mentioned this morning, fascinates. Buried treasure uplifted, brought up from its hiding place in the earth for all to see. It was a beautiful thing to behold. I wear a neutral coloured, raw cotton shawl around my head and face to avoid the sweeping sand, lifting from the dunes at the sides of our road. Shalimar makes a steady pace, bells chiming from time to time in the wind, and in time with her movements. It's a beautiful sound and my mind is full of memories of colour and mystery.

I have a thought to my own treasures, attached to my cloak in a small woven casket. I lay them out in my mind. They would mean different things at different times, ambiguous as the case may be. Circumstance. Symbols, signatures, timeless, old, yet new. So it is with treasure, dependant on the mind's eye. The sun burns like a glow, through the moving sands. An eagle circles high above, a thing of beauty and grace, casting a curious eye over our colourful caravan making its way on this special journey. Watchful, gracious...


copyright Monika Roleff 2005.

2 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Gorgeous Monika. You capture the absolute essence of this caravanserai darling.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home