Monday, December 12, 2005


Still behind the wooden door I looked towards the pond where the terrible, piercing screeches were coming from and smiled as memories of Henry filled my mind. In Wisconsin, where my mother lived, it was ice, snow and unbearable cold and I had finally encouraged her to come visit us in sunny Floprida. Now I was in the process of making some great memories for her when she returned.

The scene is a beautiful balmy day at the Botanical gardens on Sarasota bay. We entered the gardens on a large circular path surrounding a miniature tropical scene. Palm trees were swaying near a miniature pond with a rock water fall. All types of plants were growing in what seemed like a natural setting. There was a complete array of colors spanning the whole color wheel. Mother commented that I fit in the scene completely as I was wearing a vivid violet silk blouse with different exotic colors in tonals of violet, red violet and blue violet and accents of lime green and gold. We also were surrounded by a concert of tropical birds fishing in there pond or perched in trees and bushes or just strolling the grounds staring at us. It was just as we began circling this scene on the path that I first heard the screech.  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger jane said...

Dear Lois, What a beautiful gesture. Yes, I agree, without a journal entry or a photo even good memories fade with time. It is good to record our stories of the good times. It is sad how well our mind remembers the bad times and not the good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home