Friday, December 02, 2005

Departure



On my way to the Ship I would sail to the Lumurian Caravanserai I traveled a dark road and as I walked it I was very much alone.

The silence on this road was deafening and I started to panic because I knew at that exact moment what it must feel like to be buried alive. To reach up and only touch darkness to be wrapped tight by shadows and to feel my own heart ready to explode in my chest.

I'm not ashamed to say I almost turned back and ran to the safety of the road that led me to this one.

Just as I made up my mind to go back I saw to my left I saw a blue fire burning under a tree.

The seemed fire seemed warm, it looked inviting and I left the road and broke my own path to the flame and the shelter of the tree it was under.

The tree was large and black and its branches reached upwards to the sky. Two women sat there under that tree next to the fire and at first I almost ran because they had no faces.

" Hungry? " one asked.

" Care to join us." the other said.

I should make that clear she did not ask me to join them.

She told me too.

"No thank you. " I told them.

" Such grand manners Saramento de Manzoor " one said, calling me by my Great Grandmother's family name.

" Who are you? " I wanted to know.

" A warning Saramento de Manzoor, we are a warning that this will not be a good journey for you. In fact, it’s going to be dangerous. "

" Why? "

One flew at me and grabbed me by neck and she screeched in my face " because we WANT it that way...so turn back now! "

The other was behind me and her voice made my ears ring, " Curses, Hexes, Plague Ships, Despair, Treachery and Death will be the only stories you will find on this Journey Saramento de Manzoor!"


I unpicked her cold bony fingers from my shoulders and pushed the Demon in back of me away.

I grabbed the other by the top of her head and hissed down into her face...she had one after all only it was wrapped in a thin black shroud that melted her appearance away " I wouldn't want it any other way"

I stepped back from the fire and ignored their meal.

It had been a traveler too, I could see her head and the blue dress she was wearing when she met these two and now that was all that was left of that traveler.

I ignored it and made my way back to the Dark Road that was the beginning of my new adventures.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Sounds just like a new adventure is ahead..

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Entering the scene by sea! So authentically brilliant Anita Marie. And I for one am looking forward to these stories. le Enchanteur will turn the lights down low when it is your turn to take your place in that Golden Bone Chair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home