Saturday, December 03, 2005

Arrivals

Missing the meeting at Pilgrim's Well, I called to my donkey, Destiny. What a warm reunion we had, not having had the opportunity to use her services for many moons. I was sure Destiny would know the way to the inn and she didn't disappoint. My previous travels with Destiny have always been by traditional methods -- trotting. Today she surprised me by showing me her flying talents.

The view from my seat on Destiny's back was astounding. I imagined the patchwork quilt of the landscape below having been sewn together ages ago by the nibble hands of the gods. Rich patches of gold butted up against dark mahogany followed by fields of red and bordered by a ribbon of blue. Each vista more amazing than the previous, I never wanted the ride to end. I found myself thinking, as Destiny began her decent, how different things look from above. The rich textures turning into dusty roads and falling buildings with speckles of bright tents budding like flowers in the desert. The bird's-eye-view gave me more respect for the world Destiny landed in. While everything might not have an apparent, up-close beauty, I knew if I could step back a bit, the beauty would be made clear.

Winded and thirsty, I crossed the threshold to our lovely inn and savored the water obviously fetched from a well earlier in the day. Still cool and rich in flavor, I felt its living energy rejuvinate me. After settling into my room, I knew I'd be ready to take a walking tour of the area. There was a curious site I saw from Destiny's back that cannot be far from here.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Great! We will all be interested to hear about the walking tour too.

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

"The rich textures turning into dusty roads and falling buildings with speckles of bright tents budding like flowers in the desert." Wow, what an image.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home