Friday, December 02, 2005

Note To My Companions

Reality is stranger then Fiction because Fiction has to make sense....



Once Upon A Time in the world outside of the Cyber one we meet in, My Great - Great Grandmother left Persia and made her way to China and the Path she traveled was indeed the Silk Road.

Her name was Olympia Saramento de Manzoor and she was infamous in our family for her temper, her physical strength and ability to fight by hand and with weapons, and for her obvious love of story telling about the demons and witches, ghosts, murderers and corpses she saw on her journey.

She took many, many, many journeys in her life, by the way.

So it's no surprise that after spending time in China she once again she took to The Road.

This time, however, it was a Watery one and left for the Philippines where later my Grandmother and her Sisters where born.

So I hope I do her proud here on this Silk Road.... and whatever you do don't assume everything I tell here is just a story.

Olympia Saramento de Manzoor was very, very real and her shadows are in these stories.

Your Silk Road Companion and Storyteller
Anita Marie

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger jane said...

What a great companion traveling with you in the mist. I look forward to the glimpses of her journey she reveals to you.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am so pleased to have your unique story telling on this Caravanserai Anita. It would not be the same without your perspective.

As an aside, you have already done Olympia proud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home